After the completion of tenure of Arvind Subramanian as the economic advisor of India, the government has appointed Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the new chief economic advisor of India. He has been appointed by the government of finance ministry after finalizing the list of suitable candidates. The finance ministry invited applications for this post on June 30 and have selected Krishnamurthy as the suitable person for this prestigious position. Arvind Subramanian left the position almost six months ago due to some personal reasons. According to a report by the Economics times of India, his tenure for the economic advisor will be for the next three years.
Here are some of the seven amazing facts about Krishnamurthy Subramanian career –
1. Krishnamurthy is working as an associate professor in India School of Business Hyderabad in Finance section. Currently, he is about to visit Kennedy school of government under Harvard University as a guest lecturer and also gonna act as a senior fellow at Peterson school of economics.
2. On October 16, 2014, he was appointed for the post of CEA for a three-year term plan and was given an extension for a year (Till 2017).
3. Krishnamurthy has completed his engineering from IIT Kanpur and a degree of MBA from IIM Calcutta. During his MBA, he was named to the honor roll of the college and was also a Gold medalist for being a batch topper. Later he completed his Ph.D. from Chicago business school where his writings earned Ewing Marion Kauffman fellowship award. This fellowship is an achievement in itself as it recognizes only the top 15 dissertations every year across all disciplines in the USA.
4. His CV is quite outstanding in every field. He has an expertise in public policy and has over 9 years of teaching experience. He has also worked as a member of SEBI, primary markets, and other market research works.
5. Krishnamurthy has dozens of publications done under several niches like banking, finance and even law. His work has been published in renowned international journals like Journal of financial studies, Journal of law and economics, Review of financial studies and many more.
6. He also works as a part of corporate policy in the board of Bandhan bank. Before kickstarting his career, he has worked with research elite group of ICICI and also with JPMorgan Chase in NYC as a role of consultant.
7. Krishnamurthy is the biggest supporter of demonetization done under the year 2016. He has supported this step of the BJP government under several articles published by The time of India, Finance express etc.
As of now in the current year 2018, India is the 6th largest democracy in the world and currently ranks third under purchasing power party. It is remarkable to see the role of Krishnamurthy under the fluctuating economic status of India as the current GDP is $2,1344 and ranks 22nd under per capita GDP as on 2018.
Banner Image Credit: FirstPost
758 total views, 2 views today