Holi, the festival of colors, that marks the advent of spring and indicates the victory of good over evil, is celebrated by throwing colored power and water at one another that often contain some chemical substance which can be harmful to the skin.
The mythological reason behind the Holi celebration is the killing of demon Holika, the sister of Hiranyakashipu. The demon king had ordered Holika to kill his son Prahlad after he had refused to worship him. Prahlad, a worshipper of Lord Vishnu, was made to sit on a burning pyre along with Holika, who had been given powers that made her immune to fire. While both sat on the burning pyre, it was Holika that got burnt to death, marking the victory of good over evil.
Here is the list of 10 tips to celebrate the festival of colors in a safer way:
1. Always play Holi with natural colors to avoid major damage to your skin.
2. Always try to use pink and red powder while celebrating the festival as the colors can easily be taken off.
3. Cover your face, neck and hands with cream well before taking part in the festival.
4. Make sure to use Oil in your hair well to keep away the colored dye from damaging your hair.
5. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from colored powders used in the festival.
6. If you are prone to skin allergies, avoid playing with colored powder altogether.
7. As Holi is celebrated with colored water and powder it is best to wear old clothes during Holi as after finishing you may discard.
8. Harmful chemical dye may damage your nails; so using nail paint before the festival might be a smart move.
9. Apply lip balm to protect your lips from harmful dye.
10. Wear a cap to protect a you hair and face from the harmful chemical powders.
So try to remember those Holi celebration tips and play a safe and colorful Holi this year.
1,197 total views, 1 views today