What is SSC CGL exam?
Staff Service Commission conducts a Combined Graduate level exam (CGL) for recruiting candidates in various organizational bodies, offices under the Government of India.
This exam is conducted to appoint candidates in the Grade “B” and “C” category posts at departments like Election Commission, Ministry of External Affairs, Intelligence Bureau, etc.
Candidates need to know every detail about the SSC CGL exam before applying or preparing for the exam.
SSC CGL syllabus- Exam pattern
The SSC CGL exam is divided into 4 stages known as Tiers. Every Stage of the SSC CGL Exam has a different pattern and syllabus.
The exam syllabus and pattern for SSC CGL is as follows:
|Tier 1||Online |
Multiple choice questions
|General Awareness, Aptitude, General Intelligence, Reasoning & English Comprehension|
|Quantitative aptitude, English language, Statistics, General awareness mostly on Finance and accounting|
|Writing essays, applications|
|Tier 4||Skill Test||Data Entry Speed Test, a proficiency test for word processing, spreadsheets, etc.|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are mandatory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr.B” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the “Assistant Audit Officer” post
SSC CGL Exam preparation
Strategy for SSC CGL Exam Preparation:
- A well-planned study routine with proper time frame that accommodates all the subjects
- A thorough study of the subjects as per the syllabus and pattern
- A set of proper and relevant study material set
- Getting the doubts clear from concerned persons, online resources.
- Solving previous years’ exam papers
- Making a flow chart of the concepts
- Improving the solving speed
- Making subject and concept wise notes
- Numerous practices
- Being highly updated on vocabulary, logical and rational thinking.
If a candidate is preparing for the SSC CGL exam, he/she should keep these above-mentioned things in mind to boost the success rate and achieve a high score.
SSC CGL Exam- Common pitfalls
Candidates preparing for the SSC CGL 2019 might be knowing things to do and ways to prepare. But, there are certain aspects which the candidate might not have addressed. These aspects have to be kept in mind before preparing for the SSC CGL exam.
The common mistakes to avoid during preparation:
- Do not start your preparation without going through the exam pattern and SSC CGL syllabus. This would lead you to end up wasting time on unnecessary topics.
- Don’t just prepare the subjects you like. Try to cover the maximum number of subjects as it would help in the increment of the exam score.
- Do not keep doubts till the last moments. Clear it as and when you suspect.
- Do not make cheat sheets. Make sure to have proper notes.
- Do not prepare on anything randomly. Prepare only for the exam that you would be appearing. Never do the mistake of analyzing all exams under SSC as the same. You would end up in dismay.
- Understand the difference of preparation for the online and offline exam as both exams are never the same except for the topics included. Understand the criticality of the individual test.
- Practice a lot by taking mock tests. This would enhance your efficiency and solving speed.
These are the thing if implemented during preparation for the SSC CGL 2019 Exam would help the candidates achieve great score without making the exam a stressed one.
Banner Image Credit: Pixabay
12,881 total views, 1 views today